Health in Our Hands (HiOH) is a community that uses the knowledge, expertise, and opinion of people just like you to influences innovations in healthcare by:
- Recognizing individuals as the experts of their own health experience
- Bringing patients, doctors and researchers together to advance patient-centered research
- Providing opportunities to inform the research community about health issues that are important to patients
Health in Our Hands Community Partners
The Health in Our Hands (HiOH) Community is a network of patients spanning the nation that are interested in finding effective treatments and cures for themselves and their loved ones. The Health in Our Hands Community Partner program trains and convenes patients with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
HiOH Community Partners:
- Receive training in principles of patient engagement;
- Join other individuals with an interest in finding effective treatments and cures for health conditions;
- Participate in quarterly meetings to meet with researchers and other members of the Health in Our Hands community to learn more about research opportunities and how they can share their voice.
How do I become a HiOH Community Partner?
- Learn about how you can impact research development.
- Get trained in research fundamentals so you are equipped to participate on research teams.
- Connect with a community of like-minded and motivated change-makers.
Community Partners are motivated individuals that are seeking opportunities to provide the patient perspective on research projects.
As a Community Partner, you can expect to:
- Complete a 2.5 hour self-guided training on Research Fundamentals.
- Participate in quarterly virtual Zoom meetings to connect with other Community Partners and Researchers.
- Communicate via email if research opportunities arise between quarterly meetings.
We welcome Community Partners from all backgrounds and experiences. We want your voice to be represented.
Since quarterly meetings are virtual, we do require access to and proficiency with Zoom and email. Our team is available to provide technical assistance.
HiOH Community Partners is a new program, so space is limited. If you are interested in joining, we encourage you to complete this short form, and someone from the REACHnet team will follow up with you.
Your time and your perspective are incredibly valuable to us. Community Partners will be provided compensation for participation in quarterly meetings.
Health in Our Hands is an initiative of the Research Action for Health Network (REACHnet). REACHnet is one of nine clinical research networks (CRNs) nationwide in PCORnet®, The National Patient-Centered Clinical Research Network. REACHnet is funded by the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI).